Feel inspired with our collection of fond food memories! All about indulgence, perfection and proper home cooking, the our ‘Lets talk recipes’ feature delivers on that promise.
Robert North -
Being a massive Liverpool supporter and a super fan of Mo Salah, this is the signature dish in our house when a big match hits the screen. Lovingly created is the mouth watering Chicken Tikka with the secret Mo Salah twist, though not a secret anymore! Always enjoyed with a few beers.
HANDS-ON TIME 30 MINS
COOK TIME 30 MINS
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 can of tomatoes
- ½ cup double cream
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 inch chunks.
- Mix spices - cumin, paprika, coriander, turmeric, cayenne and salt into a bowl.
- Mix the chicken chunks with ½ spice mix, yoghurt and juice of one lemon. Leave to marinate for 1 hr.
- In a large saucepan heat the butter and spices on a medium heat for 1 min.
- Add the chopped garlic, ginger, tomatoes and cream.
- Simmer on a low heat for 10 mins.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook in the oil for 10 mins, until golden brown.
- Add the cooked chicken to the sauce.
- Serve with boiled rice and naan bread.